Man's body found in burned-out camper in Bluffton | News
BLUFFTON, S.C. (AP) - A man's body has been recovered from a camper that caught fire and burned in Bluffton.
Firefighters from three Bluffton fire companies arrived shortly after noon Monday. They brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes.
The Beaufort County Coroner's Office reports the body of 55-year-old John Porzio was found inside the camper.
Authorities say the cause of the fire has not been determined but they don't think the cause was suspicious.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Head to Charleston Tea Plantation for the First Flush FesTEAval
- $75K bond set for man accused of fondling girls while watching horror movies
- Suspect charged in Johns Island convenience store armed robbery
- Authorities arrest Johns Island man accused of trailer thefts
- Superstreet could be solution for troubled intersection
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight