Suspected peeping tom turns self in | News
BEAUFORT COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- Beaufort County deputies have arrested a man who they say has allegedly been spying on women in the bathroom at his place of business.
Richard Aaron Hayes, 27, turned himself in Thursday morning and has been charged with one count of voyeurism.
Investigators say Hayes had been watching women in the ladies restrooms at PNC Bank located at 4 Office Way. Deputies were tipped off to Hayes after a female employee came across a ladder in the men's restroom at the bank.
The employee told deputies she was making a security walkthrough at the bank when she noticed the ladder in the male restroom, adjacent to the ladies' restroom. She then noticed Hayes always went to the bathroom each time a female went to the bathroom.
According to a release, investigators found a hole in a ceiling tile above a toilet in the ladies bathroom. Officials believe Hayes, a Teller Supervisor at the bank, has been watching females in the restroom for several months.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 843-554-1111.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities arrest Johns Island man accused of trailer thefts
- Superstreet could be solution for troubled intersection
- Old Crow Medicine Show to headline First Flush FesTEAval May 18
- Charleston police arrest man accused of breaking into cars on Johns Island
- 2 rescued after catamaran capsizes off Seabrook Island