Trial to begin in Beaufort Subway shooting death | News
BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) - Jury selection is scheduled to begin in the trial of a Beaufort man accused of shooting and killing a man in a restaurant more than a year ago.
The selection of jurors and a pre-trial hearing is set in Beaufort on Monday.
Rajerick Lovell Knight, 25, is charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Prosecutors say Knight walked into a restaurant in July of 2011 and shot 28-year-old Travis Sentell Holmes. Holmes died at the scene.
Knight was arrested in Jacksonville, Fla., three days later.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Head to Charleston Tea Plantation for the First Flush FesTEAval
- $75K bond set for man accused of fondling girls while watching horror movies
- Suspect charged in Johns Island convenience store armed robbery
- Authorities arrest Johns Island man accused of trailer thefts
- Superstreet could be solution for troubled intersection
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight