Arrest made in fatal hit & run accident | News
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - Authorities have made an arrest in deadly weekend hit & run in Beaufort County.
Jerome Anthony Willis, 29, of Seabrook is charged with reckless homicide and hit & run with injuries in the Sunday night incident. Willis was arrested Tuesday.
Authorities say 42-year-old Vincent Leonard Wright of Seabrook was walking in the middle of a road in Okatie off Hilton Head when he was hit. Wright was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah, Ga., where he died about 11 p.m. Sunday.
Willis is awaiting a bond hearing. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities arrest Johns Island man accused of trailer thefts
- Superstreet could be solution for troubled intersection
- Old Crow Medicine Show to headline First Flush FesTEAval May 18
- Charleston police arrest man accused of breaking into cars on Johns Island
- 2 rescued after catamaran capsizes off Seabrook Island