Beaufort mom sues school district over bus bullying | News
BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) - A mother who says her children have been bullied on the school bus is suing the Beaufort County School District.
Christina Chandler filed the lawsuit Monday. Chandler says her 6-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter have been hit and verbally bullied since school began earlier this year.
The lawsuit asks that the district and bus company stop the bullying and seeks compensation for emotional damages and medical bills.
Neither the district nor the company that manages its bus fleet commented on the suit.
Chandler says district officials said they would take two months to look into the situation after she gave them a petition in support of putting cameras on school buses. Chandler says that's too long to let bullying continue.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Head to Charleston Tea Plantation for the First Flush FesTEAval
- $75K bond set for man accused of fondling girls while watching horror movies
- Suspect charged in Johns Island convenience store armed robbery
- Authorities arrest Johns Island man accused of trailer thefts
- Superstreet could be solution for troubled intersection
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight
- Police: Suspect attacked his children's mom and their crying baby
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis