Beaufort mosquitoes test positive for West Nile Virus | News
BEAUFORT COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- Beaufort County Mosquito Control has treated an area where a group of mosquitoes that tested positive for the West Nile Virus were found.
Officials confirmed that a small group of mosquitoes found in the City of Beaufort tested positive for the West Nile Virus earlier this year. Since treating the area where the infected mosquitoes were found, a retest came back negative for the virus.
Mosquito control will continue to monitor the area and use ground and air treatments on a regular basis.
The SC Department of Health has confirmed four human cases in South Carolina this year.
The cases are a middle-aged man from Orangeburg County, a middle-aged man from Lexington County, a middle-aged man from Richland County and a woman in Charleston County.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Beaufort Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal